Frauenberatung TARA is as a counselling and intervention center an intercultural contact point, helpline, information center for women who live in conflict-laden relationships, who are threatened, beaten or abused. We try to give women the chance to reassess their situation and find ways to break out of domestic violence.
Staff at Frauenberatung TARA come from a variety of cultural backgrounds and understands the difficulties faced by women from other countries.
Frauenberatung TARA is a counselling center
for women who
- suffer physical or mental abuse from which they want to protect themselves
- have been the victim of sexual violence and want to find ways to deal with their experiences
- live in conflict-laden relationships
- are involved in legal action relating to the violence they have experienced
- are looking for further support after a period of stay at a women's shelter
- have been the victim of violence in the past and would like to develop a new way forward in life
for relatives and friends/acquaintances
- of women who have experienced violence and who need information or advice for themselves
for employees at organizations, public authorities and government departments
- whose work involves contact to women who have expierienced domestic violence and who want information about ways to support such women
- advice by phone and face-to-face
- one-of counseling sessions as well as social-psychological counseling courses
- legal and financial advice and guidance, including legal action available within the context of the Domestic Violence Law
- passing on, when necessary, to women's shelters and safe houses, and, if specialist questions arise, establishing contact to other projects and institutions
- legal advice from a female lawyer
- help with official matters relating to public authorities and government departments, including support to find new accommodation
- self-help groups led by experienced members of staff
All services are anonymous and free, and are offered to women of all nationalities.
Our counselling service is available in Persian, English, Hungarian, Romanian and German, and, by arrangement, in other languages with a translator.
Phone (030) 78 71 83 40